View Single Post
Old 03-04-09, 08:49 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starforce2
I have absolutly no idea how to make missions/warpatrols, so I have a request. If anyone is familiar with one called "Mackerel's Mission", a war patrol, it seems to have a crash in it when used with FOTRS. Now, it was probably intended for 1.4 or 1.5 stock, but just before it crashed there was an epic horizon spanning fleet of destroyers (and possibly other warships) on the order of the actual size of the jap fleet of either the solomans battle or midway (I forget which one they had 6 carriers, 42 destroyers..ect) anyways the idea of this mission is to take out a yamato class "Kurita". Given the massive nature of the fleets it'd be worth fixing for FOTRS but I don't know how to do it. I'd like to take another look at that nice fleet. Also the objectives are broke (you must hit return to game immediately after starting)
Will it even open in mission editor? If you write a mission with modded ships in it, those mods must be enabled before you can even get it into the mission editor to fix it. You could fix some stuff manually with a text editor but your first line sort of rules that out.
And if it will load into the mission editor, then it is probably only written with stock ships.
Will it run without FOTRS?

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote