Old 11-30-21, 05:55 PM   #334
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

9 August 1942
Enemy airpower stymies advance on Tavoy

CENTPAC
At Pearl, the DE Humpreys completed repairs from the KB's strike and went right back to work trying to clear Pearl of enemy subs. One of its prey took a shot at it. It's partner, the DD Caldwell, found the responsible sub and caused serious damage with depth charges.

Kingfishers got another 2 hits on sub. I took a look at their stats and noticed they either carry 2 250lb bombs or 2 100lb bombs. Maybe the reason the enemy isn't clearing out after so many hits is just because the hits aren't that damaging. I'm decreasing their search radius slightly to try to make sure they're carrying the 250-pounders.

Sumatra
One fighter down on each side.

China
One P-40 down over Chengchow.

Thailand
I attempted a shock attack on Tavoy, but it failed thanks to the disruption being caused by the enemy bombers. I'm going to try to concentrate my fighters on CAP here next turn, while sending my bombers to Pisanuloke where they're unlikely to run into a CAP right now. My attack on Tavoy simply won't succeed unless we can stop most of the enemy bombers. I'm sending another brigade down to help, too.

There was plenty of air combat over Tavoy this turn, but no one was actually shot down.

Reinforcements/Refits
SS Narwhal taken out of commission to begin refit at Pearl Harbor
SS S-37 taken out of commission to begin refit at Darwin
SC-702 arrives at Balboa
AM Oudh arrives at Calcutta
51st FG/16th FS arrives at San Francisco (0/25 P-400s, unrestricted)
21st Australian Brigade arrives at Sydney (0% strength, restricted)
7th Aus Div Cav Regiment arrives at Sydney (5% strength, restricted)
91st Infantry Division arrives at Corvallis (20% strength, fully restricted)
Conversion of two minesweepers to subchasers was competed at Portland, the subchasers are headed to Pearl.