View Single Post
Old 01-31-23, 03:38 PM   #9
HellNY
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If I am remembering correctly, it is actually an out-of-sequence event, bad date/time as compared to the preceding radio event. The mod is really cool otherwise, and it is definitely easy to see how something like that could creep into the work. Most other aspects of the game skip over the "bad" data, but NOT the radio - it is not forgiving at all, and does indeed cause a CTD.

Use Digital_Trucker's RSM RadioStationManager mod, which can of itself be a bit fiddly, so pay attention to his instructions, and remember that the "modern" Windows does NOT like a lot of WinXP stuff... You might have troubles with the exe file versus Windows Defender and other AV stuff... The SubSim link there works, but the DownUnder does not. There is further information throughout that 9-page thread that might be found helpful.
Thanks for this. The Captain Midnight mod is very confusing because there are 4 different versions out there, some with slightly different titles, and some were uploaded to this site with the notation "1 of 4, 2 of 4..." but 3 and 4 do not exist. Im not sure if I download all the stuff or if one file contains all the others.

I downloaded the radio manager -- it seems to suggest that it will autromatically but then Im reading we do it manually?Oy...Im just new to this after 15 years. I get that its an old game so I need to do some work. But its hard to absorb all this at once.

I was a founding member of the Realism Patch Group (RPG) for Falcon 4.0 in the late 1990s. I remember we had a huge mod that required people to do crazy things to get it installed, so I get it.
HellNY is offline   Reply With Quote