Old 02-16-24, 04:30 PM   #11
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Hi OLZS,

because you wrote, we can add "Here you can post your improvements, additions and fixes for this legendary modification.", I will add my own mods for and bases on TWoS.
All my other mods can be used with and without TWoS.

This is just a simple mod to make the dates of the award from medals visible in TWoS v2.x.x again and removes yellow border when clicking on the awards.
Very subtle but I missed the date in TWoS.

With this mod I merged my mods of the tower emblem "Atje and Bambo" from U-51 (Type VIIB) and the historically correct Tower Emblem of U-69* for TWoS.

The tower skin of U-51 is added as a separate skin for type VIIB and the tower skin of U-69 is just a correction of the colors of the 3 flags on both side of the tower. It is also possible to use "Atje and Bambo" from U-51 just as tower emblem.

Why I changed the flag colors of U-69?
The three flags on both sides of U-69 where based on a quote from Götz von Berlichingen and stand for the letters L M A
and is a short form of the German sentence "Leck mich am Arsch". This flag alphabet** was used by the German navy in shipping to exchange messages between ships by means of signal flags
and was not the same flags like the international Code of Signals (INTERCO)**.

*The original texture from U-69 was created by Nozaurio.
**See Documentation folder in download/mod

This mod was inspired by photos, site visits of submarine, movies and many other existing mods. If you want, you can also see GSE as a kind of small megamod.
This mod was created under using TWoS 2.2.25. GSE is just for TWoS v2.2.25 and above and I cannot guarantee that GSE will work or have no problems and with the stock version of SH5.

Many thanks! All works very well in my TWoS, and with SilentMichal interior enhanced by you, but I have the ethernal problem with "cameras out of sector" in external view. I´m living with it, but I like GSE with SilentMichal...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote