View Single Post
Old 09-16-19, 09:58 PM   #3
skirich
Chief

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
There is a node link relationship between the SubName.dat and the SubName.val, and you might just be wanting to noodle with the "GeometryShipWake" in the val, which links to the Node:SumName_ShipWake in the dat file. Not the 2x front wakes, not the 1x rear wake, but the node in the middle of the boat... at least, that's what it sounds like you're after. I'm not sure if you're after "darkening" it? For me, that is a black box area of the game, and all I'm good at doing with it is CTDs - besides the fact that the wake is a resource eater...
I'll explore this some more.
So far I found a direct correlation of GeometryShipWake with the WakeHM.dds texture file.
I've built Normal textures before (-Normal- meaning water transparency) and I have the necessary 3d software.

I've altered the WakeHM.dds file enough that its not as dark as it was. The depth alpha layers where incorrect, or maybe set too deep based on the creators tastes and graphics card. Todays modern gpu card interprets the data way too much so it looks fake and not like a mid wake at all. At least to me.

Now with the texture file set, i'll be playing with the val and dat to see what I can come up with.
skirich is offline   Reply With Quote