View Single Post
Old 08-23-12, 10:59 AM   #29
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Surely the DRM is the least relevant factor by now? Even 5 works perfectly well in offline mode nowadays.

5 is well on its way to being as moddable as 3 or 4 with the work TDW is doing; when new units start being added properly it'll be a new lease of life for 5.

4 is the most 'complete' to me, as I can add one supermod and a few small bits and its ready to go; I play 4 more than 5 at the moment as I don't have time to test new mods as much as I used to. When the time comes that 5 receives a supermod, I've no doubt it'll get equal play time.

But this is all by the by - this 'potential' discussion keeps coming up, and is never really resolved. 3/4/5 preferences aside, everyone seems to agree that more could be done - but few agree on what should be done. What do we want in our subsims? If 3 is as close to 'complete' as it's ever likely to get, 4 is a different theatre entirely and 5 is 3 but with half the features, what should be done to improve things?

TDW's working on 5; 4 already has an excellent (modded) German campaign... what's left to do? And further to that, with all the 'big' modders now out of the game*, who's going to do it?

*though most are still here, still looking, and half the time it almost seems like some of them want a reason to get back into it, but won't admit it...
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote