View Single Post
Old 06-24-20, 11:52 AM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAbombaa View Post
I did not get the prompts to do so, it just installed via steam and i could enter the game just fine, apart from the two problems i'm having.
I can pilot a boat in quick missions and fire deck guns and stuff like that, but i cant use the periscope and the main campaign doesnt start off.

Are these really problems with directX and WMC? I'll try to manually download them to be safe.

Thanks!
The newer Steam installs might not prompt you, but if you get a page about which components to install, such as Adobe Reader (a really old version) and the old Ubisoft game server, then that would have been the screen for making the choice. If you can shoot the deck gun, they you have DirectX v9 installed. Besides, the DirectX v9.0c download installer no longer functions correctly in a Windows 10 OS... "Legacy"... In the meantime, you didn't mention whether you had read what KaleunMarco pointed you to. Where did you install Steam and where is your game Library folder for Steam? The default is for them both to go into the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder structure, which is not a good place for a DirectX v9 game. It does almost sound like you are running out of RAM to use in SH4 though. Do you have a lot running in the background of your Windows install? Have you ever heard of the 4 Gig Patch for SH4? There are several choices, two being NTCore's 4GB Patch and Large Address Aware. There is an older version (just as viable) in the SH3 Downloads section 4 Gig patch for SH3. All three files do the same thing, which is flip a couple of bits in the SH4.exe file so that Windows can see that the file can access more than 2 gig of RAM. The only pre-requisite is that you have a 64-bit version of Windows from Vista or later.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote