View Single Post
Old 06-23-20, 08:27 AM   #5
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0

Hi XS, I saw your post about the side firing torpedoes, that was accurate for ships, not sure why they were too good though, I would love them lol.

I have had a crash too when playing as a ship and as you say kind of unknown when everything was going great, because of that I started to save more often then I could go back and change the odd thing or two that I thought caused the crash.

I had someone post on one of my comments about why the camera goes haywire all of a sudden and they said it was an overload of events in battle situations, this made sense and it could be possible to the crashes too.
The reason I say this is because when I play as a ship I go beyond the mission completion, I stay in it and go hunting further and/or ignore the mission and do my own thing adding to the amount of incidents I encounter during the voyage.

Like you I've played as a Battleship or a Cruiser and had great fun, some ships fire the torpedoes OK some crash when I try it, why I don't know I'm not that well up on a lot of the files and what they do yet.

Some say it is a Submarine sim not a Ship sim but people have made some ships 'human playable' so I took advantage of their great work and I like it, I'm not harming them that don't like it as its on my PC and not their's, I'm having fun and and in my mind expanding the sim.

I seem to remember in SH2 you could attach a unit to the player sub, so in effect that unit could be a long way off or near by and as you travelled it made its way to join you, then when you encountered the enemy it aided you and in some cases took a lot of the flak off you and also got sunk but it was good fun, I would love to have that now in SH4.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote