View Single Post
Old 09-07-09, 07:11 AM   #13
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

This is excellent knowledge

Unfortunately, the modding of it is still too complicated for me. Otherwise I would have already ported my optics mod to SH4, and that is still the main drawback I have about using the U-Boats in SH4, I hate to target without my TDC near the scope and the ability to input all data there
Quote:
SolBearing dial: You'll love this one. I've linked the ConningPeriscope cam to the periscope shaft and I've linked that to the SOlBearing dial (after exporting and reimporting to change the bloody Y axis ofc). In short every 3d object can be made into a dial and it will rotate around it's Y axis. So now, when you move the periscope the entire periscope moves, and if you go to that camera you're still sitting on the small chair . It looks awesome, as you can see the bearing of the periscope by looking up at the static part. But there's a problem. This only works when autoupdate is on. I've tried to find the values of the actual periscope bearings, unlinked, but I can't find them. Even in the 2d interface, the actual bearings that appear are not linked to a dial but hardcoded by id. Have I overlooked a detail? There should be 2 values, one for the attack periscope, and one for the obs one, actually the rotation of the cameras. And to make matters workse, I'd like to have the Obs periscope completely unlinked from the TDC. If someone can help me with this, I'll also be able to make small dials (semi transparent cones) showing the field of view of the periscope instead of the unrealistic bearings. Would be great so see these in the Binocular view too.
Any chance that this all would also work in SH3, specially what I just quoted above??