Old 10-25-19, 02:45 PM   #12607
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Niccerman

Let me guess....your game is a Uplay download and that is why you cannot patch the SH5.exe?
I have patched 3 different SH5 exe's with it but not the STEAM one and they all work installing the game and loading the game.
You need to replace your SH5.exe with a genuine one and see if that is the answer.
Pete

The steam Sh5.exe will work as well but it requires you to re- run the installer for TWOS to have the SH5. exe converted prior to being patched by the Generic patcher .
I have 3 installs of SH5 on my system. One is my original Steam download for backup purposes which I never play, the second is a TWoS install without any additional mods as a backup for it which I almost never play, and the third is a TWoS install , with my graphics mod installed and several other mods:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SteamLibrary\Steam\SteamApps\common\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
TWoS Map Contact Colors
TWoS Neutrals Illuminated Only_Until [Date]
TWoS UI cmd_Radio Reports_Auto Target ID
Boogie's Pencil line
Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (realistic version) V2.1
DynEnv v2.9 - 10.I Seafloor (high resolution)
DynEnv v2.9 - 11.a.I Sea Plants - Atlantic Kelp Forests (high resolution)
DynEnv v2.9 - 3.a Enhanced Visibility (medium)
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.e Ambient Settings - Brighter Nights-No Murky Waters
SH5 Eco mod 2.1 merged
My Favorite AA gun AIs
one ship, one torpedo v1.00
Paajtors_Renown_cheat (compatible with Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast)
Shorter External Transfer Cooldown
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX
emtguf - Periscope rework V 1.7
Boogie's Uniforms
Boogie's Refit for TWOS v1.2

This combo works fine, gives me a game that looks great, gives me the casual gameplay{no real Navigation, etc} that I actually have time for.
But please note I launch my game from a shortcut of the sh5.exe in that versions folder. That means it launchs Uplay but not Steam, when I launch the game. This is important because when Steam does an update it will overwrite this file if you launch the game from steam. Also I forgot to mention I copied all my games original voice sound files to the install which I play because I prefer the voices to be in English rather than German.

Last edited by boogieman335; 10-25-19 at 03:09 PM.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote