View Single Post
Old 07-07-19, 08:09 PM   #4
Barkerov
Soundman

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

My advice is that you should change your attack tactics. 1000-1200 yards range makes no sense in that environment, because they can very quickly work out where you are, but an attack from 3000-4000 yards makes it significantly harder for them.

You could always set the 14s to slow and go for an even longer range attack too. On top of this, you could use your rear tubes for these attacks, since you would gain extra time by not having to turn away from the DDs.

If it were me, I would consider firing a spread from the rear tubes and then heading away underwater at high speed. I would only slow down after my fish have hit home in that situation because I want to gain as much separation from my firing point as possible. Another thing to consider, is that the only information they have after things start exploding is the bubble wake from your mk 14s. This wake also dissipates over time, so by firing from long range, the destroyers might not estimate your firing point correctly and therefore start searching in the wrong place.
Barkerov is offline   Reply With Quote