View Single Post
Old 10-20-13, 06:12 PM   #10
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Yes indeed, great mod an video.

A few questions for tscharlii:

- I have noticed that the mod package includes sound files apparently identical to the stock (German) ones. What is their purpose?

- With TDW's hydro follow target, we could set if the hydrophone operator must report bearings at fixed and user customizable intervals of time, or everytime target's bearing changes. Any way to restore this feature?

- following the reasoning of my previous post, can you make bearing accuracy to vary depending on hydrophone model used, range to target, operator experience, target bearing (for the GHG only), own engine noise, sea state, etc.

- If a contact is detected during normal sweep, the operator will report immediately whether it is closing/moving away. Can you introduce a margin of error to these early reports, marking their provisional nature with phrases like "probably moving away" in notepad logs. This data would then be calculated with better precision by your scripts and reported again in the log. Even better if the accuracy of early and "precise" reports is affected in part by operator's experience, noise factors, etc.

- can you make the "report estimated range" command only available after having followed the same contact for a while? At the very beginning our radioman should only be able to say wether it is a close, medium or long range contact, without throwing any number. Later on you could let him to report some numerical ranges, randomized according to experience, real range, noise factors, etc. If possible, you should also avoid the "dumb officer syndrome" where randomization leads to absolutely unconsistent estimations (i.e. if a target is esitimated as closing, the sonarman shouldn't report two consecutive range estimations of 1,500 and then 1,600 m).

- can you get rid of the "report exact range" command? I think is is simulating the usage of an active sonars, but type VII were hardly (if ever) equipped with them. Moreover it is a cheat, because the enemy won't be able to hear our virtual pings...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote