View Single Post
Old 02-11-10, 11:22 PM   #213
audessy
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
Thanks, that's what I was getting at, if the campaign can be played with capital ships exclusively. Well now that I know, I'm really excited. I really love GWX and now this mod in addition to it would just be amazing. As much as I like commanding a Uboat, commanding a huge capital ship is just a whole different game.

Can you tell me what kind of fixes are planning on making? Does it have to do with some bugs in the mod?
At this very minute I'm trying to find a way to make the guns fire gradually. For some reason my star shells will on the 11 inch deutschland triples but not with any other shell. I'm confused. I'm trying to set a recoil effect of 1 second so they fire like the Iowa in this video.

So far what I've done is:

-Changed the large caliber gunfire to sound more like the Iowa in that video... but a nice rolling thunder effect afterwards.

-Re-enabled all shell types for all usable guns.

-Changed the way ALL capital ships handle being damaged. When I sink I decide when I'm dead. Not some crappy you're dead screen. Screenies here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=161336
I recently had a battle with the HMS Hood in a Scharnhorst. My bow was nearly underwater, and half of my crew dead (literally) yet I managed to fight the flooding for another 10 minutes. Meanwhile HMS Hood had a 20 degree list to starboard and sinking, only 1 of her main batteries still firing. In the end we killed each other. A glorious battle.

-Made the AI very accurate. Unfortunately I'm still trying to figure out how to fix my own accuracy. I had a renown still scoring hits on me from 20km+ away as an example.

-Added many patrolling random task forces. Unrealistic yes. But since DD's are just really annoying now and sinking merchants with huge guns gets old I figure I'd better put some antagonists in. I stumbled upon 2 hoods guarded by a southampton and 5 destroyers. I RAN LIKE HELL! Attacking at night is the main strategy in WSM but now it's actually quite frightening.

-Reduced the total amount of sailors on board. I did this because there's no way 1000+ sailors are going to fit on the uboat menu. More or less they're like symbols of many sailors to me. Sort of like Navy Field. This also makes the impact of crew death devastating. Losing an machinist or a repair man in battle may mean you're not coming back. I lose at least 2 sailors per mission with 2 medics btw.

-Flooding speed is much higher and the time to repair it is balanced. Even with a veteran crew you'll come within minutes of death. Sometimes you're a minute too late. More than one large caliber shell to the same compartment means you're in some serious trouble.

I'm hoping to share some of this with Chinese U-47 and see if he wants to use it in his next release. He's so darn elusive though!
audessy is offline   Reply With Quote