View Single Post
Old 01-30-14, 04:12 PM   #10
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Does it matter? No. Am I curious? Yes. Having played all three titles, I am interested in knowing how other gamers' opinions compare to mine. I can get anecdotal impressions from reading SubSim posts. But how does a game with a modern game engine compare with an 8 year old title in terms of player acceptance? A reliable answer might influence future development and investment by game publishers. (If you subscribe to the belief that game publishers make rational business decisions.<lol>) I'd guess that a lot of people who post here would be curious about that.

"Played more" does not equate to "better", and my intent is not to determine which game is superior. I imagine that many gamers switch from one to the other depending on their mood. That's cool.

BTW, I started with SH4 (Well, I really started with SH, way, way back, but had never even looked at SH2 or SH3.). Then I tried SH5. I thought that an 8 year old game with mediocre graphics would be of no interest to anyone besides a few old-school die-hards. When I saw the enthusiasm and activity on the SH3 forums, I changed my mind and tried it. I haven't regretted that decision. So the relative interest in SH3, SH4, and SH5 was useful to me. I don't much follow the crowd, but the popularity of different titles on the same subject certainly is useful information to me. YMMV.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 01-30-14 at 04:51 PM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote