View Single Post
Old 10-17-20, 02:09 AM   #6
Backscuttle
A-ganger

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

Hi. I have just recently come back to Uboat after the very buggy release. I play/use version B127 with a few mods of which TDC is one.
I couldn`t help but notice this topic about a solution. I too was (and still am) scratching my head over the course setting.
Firstly has hardcore aiming mode been selected? After you select `new game` you will see a preference screen .This means that all solutions have to be put in manually and the crew no longer do it.
After that is done and when in game and you have locked a target, you bring up the course tool. Now in my case the tool is different to what it was when I first played, it no longer has the white strip over the disc. I have port/starboard degrees and a pointer.
The idea with the original tool was to move the ship icon inside it to match the image that you see through the scope, ie if target is moving left to right and the bow is neither pointing towards or away from you then that is how you would move the `wheel` inside the tool to mimic that.
Now, with my tool, I`m basically inputting what I believe is the angle off the bow as viewed from the scope. I back this up by using the map and getting the AoB and then inputting that. And yes, I get what appears to be some strange number in degrees in the course tool. It is green so I assume it`s ok!
I don`t think it`s the ACTUAL course the target is following. I was assuming that if I had worked out the ships course from the map, ie 45deg NE , and enter that it would show 45 deg somewhere in the course tool. But it doesn`t work like that. (I think it computes the course from your AoB).
After I have gathered all info, (speed, range, cse), I input into the TDC as well.
At the bottom of MY particular course tool there is a green bar which fills and shows a percentage. I am thinking that this is my solution probability. So far I have had success with targeting so I must be doing something right!
As for torp speeds just check the type of torp in the tube. I made the mistake of setting everything up to fire a 44kn torp when it was a T2 and can only do 30kn ! Took me a while to figure out why I missed.
I still like to use the old fashioned method, (as well as the TDC mod), with a few simple mathematics. If all are set up correctly, when I look through my scope at desired firing angle all should line up in the tdc.
I apologise if this is going over things that you already know.
Backscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote