Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 12-01-16, 08:23 PM   #2878
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 369
Uploads: 0
Default Homeport and friendly bases

I downloaded and installed the '232_NavalBasesTake2a.7z' that Propbeanie posted in #2851. Started a new career and it worked! All the bases were on the navigation map. I was able to end the patrol and transfer to another base! I also read the post of RR (#2866). As soon as this career ends, which means that my sub is sunk, I'll download the new '100 Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate'.
Thanks Rockin Robin for your quick response.

The problem with not being able to hear any sounds at the sonar station except my engine or torpedoes continued in the first patrol. Encounter a small cargo ship visually, checked on sonar. No sound, ship was within 9000 yards. When the sonar operator heard the ship, I was able to 'ping' the ship with active sonar with the bearing given.

On the second patrol, I was able to hear a sound contact at the sonar station. Location was 7* 43'N 151* 26"E on 11Jan42 at 20:52 hrs. The weather conditions were partial cloudy with no rain or fog. Wind speed was 3 meters per second, direction was 27. The porpoise submarine was on the surface with a speed of 4 knots. Went to periscope depth, contact still could be heard at speed of 2 knots. Loving this mod!
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote