View Single Post
Old 06-03-23, 02:35 PM   #74
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

The Morning Show.

The show examines the characters and culture behind a network broadcast morning news program. After allegations of sexual misconduct, the male coanchor of the program is forced off the show. Aspects of the #MeToo movement are examined from multiple perspectives, as more and more information comes out regarding said misconduct.

Series One.

This show is not great TV, but it is interesting, when Reese Witherspoon delivered a couple of off script truth bombs I thought the producer and the Network Executives were going to bleeding wet themselves, sadly, there weren't enough of those moments to make this show into a classic. I've watched the first series and "truth be told" I was extremely disappointed with it

There's a great cast to the show and they did a wonderful job of bringing the characters to life, but, I couldn't shake that feeling off that they were missing out on something, what could it be I wondered?.

Then it hit me, "Like a Smack in the Mouth" the #MeToo Movement, Woke Twitter, Abortion Laws, Toxic Work Environments, Police Brutality, Gun Laws, etc, that's what it was missing, something that would light a fire under the asses of "Middle America". They should have Focused mainly on one subject per episode and you could have set the scenes for mass demonstrations from both sides of the argument, but, unfortunately they didn't have the bollocks to go for it and, that's why it didn't get the rating it should have had.

There's no let up with this News Station, the drug and crime statistics are shoved onto the backburner and there's no dodgy politicians either, bloody hell, how unrealistic is that?, and there is the problem with the series, there isn't a lot of News being fed into the station, a News Station with out News, whoever thought of that should have been smacked around the head with a baseball bat until he reconsiders his position, a touch of sarcasm was inserted in that paragraph, I hope you Americans appreciate it.

There could have been 20 to 30 episodes to Series One if they had really gone for it but, they decided that lot above wasn't needed and decided to their disadvantage that a power struggle behind the scenes would be more interesting, lazy TV script writers again, Its no wonder that Movies these days are devoid of any spark of creativity, oh well, perhaps next year.......

Series One Rating.
5.5\10

Bloody Hell, this could have been the best thing since sliced bread, but we got this crap instead, I'll continue with it but I can't see it getting any better.

Last edited by Moonlight; 06-03-23 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Oh my, I forgot to post its Rating
Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote