Old 02-23-21, 05:18 PM   #955
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ True. But this was my reaction to 3catcircus assertion
"The issue I have is the claim that people are warming the planet at a faster rate based upon data that has been cherry-picked to fit a model - rather than updating the model to fit the data."
No, the model is not fixed, and it is being discussed back and forth, and updated constantly, and 98 percent of scientists agree. It is that obvious. All i can say i cannot understand how people willingly want to believe something that 98 percent do not agree with, without understanding the background.
Now if you are one of the 98 percent, should one look at their arguments? Yes. Should one put them to the test? Of course. So you do this and you find the data wrong, the new theory or model unproven. So you dismiss this as unpoven, without evidence, going only along the tests, and the theory.

While you could also see that all this is done to somehow help an obscure theory pretending that communists/Biden lovers/liberal snowflakes/the swamp want to shut down the economy because oil is evil. You never said this so you try reason, does not convince. You present data, does not matter since Alex Jones has other data. But from which source? Hah all sources that disagree with Trump are fake news. And roughly 50 percent believe this. Yes, it is hopeless.

However in this context i can say that after studying all this boring stuff and having done some probing myself, the scientific consensus is that earth's climate is warming. Could be sun's radiation cycles, but not in this case. This is one side, the other side is that CO levels are skyrocketing since around 1950. Now you explain to me how this can be, and what the causes are.

Two of hundreds of links
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
I'm not sure why you're bringing Trump into this - he had nothing to do with it.

Fact of the matter is that the IPCC is still the authority that governments look to, and they have most assuredly cherry-picked data and massaged it over the years to support their narrative with one goal - a carbon tax on wealthy nations while China and India continue on as the biggest polluters on the planet - the intent is to continuously keep the populace alarmed and begging to be led to a solution - and some folks will be getting rich in the process.

It's not just climate studies - ALL science is tainted by politics and finance to some degree because academics are in a publish-or-perish situation where they're always in a search for more grant money.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote