View Single Post
Old 02-12-10, 04:21 PM   #221
OlegM
Engineer

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Always remember the modders do this on their own time, they are not paid, have real lives to enjoy/deal with but I assure you they strive to do their best work and eventually it will get done.

I remember in 2.0 hitting a 1,000 ton freighter, the Taihosan Maru, forget the generic name, just know the name from TMO RSRD, small ship though.ONE torpedo to the midship area at the stack should blow that think up, took 5 torpedos to put one done, 5 come on..
I know modders do this on their free time, they are not paid etc etc I have pretty large modding, beta testing and scenario design experience in couple games myself, and I absolutely know it's very time consuming, aggravating and often frustrating. No need to tell me that....

However, I don't think we should go easy on anybody if we are not pleased with the final product of one's work.

A ridicolous result is a ridicolous result, why should I accept the ridicolous result in silence just because I didn't pay for it?? It's not about money, it's about getting the best results from this engine. If it's about money, then let me pay full price for RFB - no problem - will I then have more rights to demand realistic outcomes?

It's tiring to see every mod criticism end with same ole arguments: "it's free", "if you don't like it play something else". On SH5 boards people are very vocally protesting a game that is not even OUT yet, should we go tell them to "play something else" or listen to their complaints if they are valid?

5 torps for small merch is ridicolous. It's ridicolous for a free mod, and would be equally ridicolous for a 300$ professional simulator. RFB is currently the "only game in town" when it comes to relistic mods for SH4. This status brings some responsibility within this community. You can't just mess up the model and use "it's free" as your best argument. RFB guys should accept criticism or they should never have touched RFB at all.
OlegM is offline   Reply With Quote