View Single Post
Old 05-02-19, 11:36 AM   #23
fullmetaledges
Chief

Downloads: 120
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub187 View Post
Just finished the tutorial on my third attempt (the first 2 times were bugged...) and i'm still on the fence about refunding it. Yes, somewhere in there is a fun game, but bug reporting without a clear ticketing system is very frustrating, so there is no way for me to help debugging the game. And I don't expect the game to be in actual beta stage until at least the end of the year. However, I did get the game at -20% off, although I expect the game to be even more heavily discounted during black friday, and having it in my library, while i'm not even going to be playing it for at least the next half year is a bit silly.

I also recommend to include an option to edit mouse sensitivity and key bindings, but a clear bug reporting and ticketing system is priority no. 1 IMHO.

If you should buy it or not is really depending of how much frustration you can handle. I sincerely believe that the concept of the game is good, but that Unity is inherently unsuited for a game like this and that there still is A LOT of work to be done before you can play 10 minutes without the game bugging out.

@the devs: What I'm really impressed by is the depth of the details on the Typ VII. I thought I knew everything there was out there on the VII, but this game showed me differently. What were the sources that you guys used?
What kind of bugs were you seeing? The only problem I had with the tutorial was that things had to be completed in a certain manner and if you deviated, it threw things off. For instance the instruction for setting the speed, if you had the telegraph open and the game expected it to be closed the instructions would not display correctly.
fullmetaledges is offline   Reply With Quote