View Single Post
Old 04-07-08, 04:56 PM   #47
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
The on issue I have with BOB:SOW is that Maddox seems to be detailing things like the suspension on a truck and individual blades of grass. So much so you'll need a fast machine to play it on low settings. I saw the model of teh Spitfire and see how they have made a detailed 3d model of the engine. That to me sucks up FPS and would be better spent on the AI. I won't be able to upgrade my machine anytime soon and though it is a 3.2 GHz P4 and I could expand its RAM to 4GB and I have decent GFX I wonder if it will be enough to fly SOW when it comes out.
1: Oleg is doing something not done before, by maxing out details. taking combat flightsims to the next level. I dont want a IL2ish BOB game, I want something that I'm going to look at like I did back then when IL2 sturmovik hit my computer. I was looking at the features and details never seen before in a flightsim those days.

the only thing I'm worried about in SOW is: The AI, and the Aircraft Flight models. after that I hope he did something about the sounds too. and I want the MP just as good and stable as IL2 is now.

OpenGL is the base of SOW so it wont be that bad in terms of performance, just compare CFS3 and IL2 FB they both came out around the same date, and CFS3 is a blasted System hog to get pretty graphics. and IL2 FB on my computer back then ran around medium and gave me twice the amount of graphics and ran smoother.

2. P4 3.2 those overheating CPU's, get a DUAL or Quad, Dual if you want to be economic and better performance ofcourse

3. I'm fairly under the impresion that my PC is SOW prepared but if needed I just add 2 gb extra ram in it. (currently have 2gb)

HunterICX