View Single Post
Old 04-29-12, 07:05 AM   #17
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Did you run the latest mod-patch by A2A?

Some people indeed tend to think the physics are porked a bit, but that simply is that the responsiveness of the plane when at high speeds gets reduced, and far more noticably than IL-2. That'S why in steep dives the stick makes less and lesser effect, it simulates that the pilot needs more and more muscle power to barely move the stick due to the wind hitting the control panels - plus that the plane reacts less and lesser if speed builds up. Same for rudders - with growing speed these planes should be able less and lesser to slip.
I believe I had the latest patch (about half a year ago) and having been a glider pilot in RL I'm fully aware of the heavier stick forces at higher speeds.
Doesn't change the fact that I could force the plane into a slip without losing speed or lift.

Quote:
IL-2 does not produce this, even at 500 km/h I could slip and get too much reaction from stick input.
That's not correct, IL2 does in fact reproduce this. Try a steep dive with a P38 or Me 110 and try to pull out of it. Good luck. You are right though that some of the fighters are still a bit too responsive at high speeds.