View Single Post
Old 08-26-09, 01:05 PM   #15
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

@h.sie: Can ou tell me at which bearing? The only thing I can see is the antena at the back of the sub. No need for moving the pivot. Open the cameras.dat file and raise the ClipDistance from 1.2 to something like 1.5 or even 2 (It's in the CameraParams controller). By the way, if you give it a small value like 0.01, you can see the entire crew, but it's distracting (and you can't move anyway). Would've been nice if they were blurred.

Oh and one more thing about the deck camera... Since the binoculars view is stable on the Z axis, you always get a bit of Z rotation on the deck camera when you switch back. I've yet to see a mod that can fix that. I've tried almost every thing I could with the CameraPositioner Node . If only the deck camera were stable too. Any idea how to do that?

@Faslane: yes, edit the Data\Menu\Gui\StrTactMap.tga. The clone stamp tool should make quick work of it. But the nomograph is an important tool and I have removed the draggable version. However you have both the back of the Attack disk and the AOBF tool that serve the same porpoise. There was a vertical nomograph version in one mod on subsim. Can't remember which, but I remember it being hard to read because of the reduced size.

Oh and I have an imortant request to anyone who'd like to help me with something. I removed the "depth thinghie" because it's colors were not correct so it was useless. My game crashes when I try to take screenshots and the only program that I can take them with makes them too dark. I need screenshots of how the map looks at maximum zoom when the sub is in the following places.
- water less than 17 m deep
- water between 17 and 60m deep (best 40)
- water between 60 and 90m deep (best best 75)
- water between 90 and 150m deep (best 120)
- water between 150 and 230m deep (best 190)
- water deeper than 230
Before doing that the willing helper should disable the dark overlay on the map int he menu_1024_768.ini file here:
[G31 I2]
Name=OLC 50% Grey
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x31DF1314
ParentID=0x31000000
Pos=0,768,1024,768 <--- comment out this line and restore after finishing it
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/dark/dark.tga
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9

Thanks in advance