View Single Post
Old 08-07-19, 04:10 AM   #1
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0
Default New decade long member?

Hello all.

I have been a lurker here for a decade or so. I think this might be my like 2nd or third post. I just don't like to bother anyone.

The first sub game I ever played was Silent Service on the Commodore 64. Such a great game. The number of days I spent/lost playing that game would be hard to estimate, or rather, to estimate honestly.

I purchased Silent Hunter IV about a year after it came out only to take it home and discover the machine I currently had couldn't run it. So I forgot about it for about a while until I got a new machine about 6 months after that and have been playing it off and on since then, but mostly non-stop. About a year or so after that I found this SubSim place. Again countless hours/days lost reading random posts. That's easy to do when you find a place of mostly like minded half way inteligent people that also have a sense of humor. Then some stuff happened, and I can't work anymore (I use to weld), and I use to think I played Silent Hunter IV allot before. Fortunately my wife is great so I don't entirely loose touch with the outside world.
I only installed my first MOD about 5 months ago, the great TMO, so now I am discovering the game all over again and I tell ya' my wife is thrilled about that.

I am currently neck deep in learning the entire history of MODS for SH-IV, or at least the history of TMO and RSRD, or at least just how TMO and RSRD work together with all the patches and stuff, or at least trying to figure out which are the final versions of TMO, and RSRD, and needed patches, that all go together correctly. It's turning into quite the project for myself. (On tenth thought, what the hell am I doing?)

I figured I would make the customary first Hello post to refresh my memory on how to do all this again.

Now I am off to go bother other people about RSRD, (or is it RSRDC?) and how it works with TMO and with what patch, and in what order, and don't forget about the Narwhal MOD with TMO patch... and where did I put my car keys....

One question. Is there a master list of all the acronyms as pertaining to MODS? If there isn't then there should be. I would make one but I would have to find a list somewhere of all the acronyms and then I would be ending at the beginning and then I wold be ending at the......

You know, when I write it all down like this and then re-read it for spelling errors, I realize, for the last decade or so, it may or may not sound like I have completely lost my f**k***g mind. Good stuff.

Have a good day all, and don't forget to come up for air now and then.

-Brian

[Because sarcasm seems to be disappearing in the world today I feel the need to say that the above post contains a healthy amount of it. Just in case anyone might have forgot about sarcasm, however now that I think about it, I don't think that will be a problem here. But just in case though, because people are getting younger every day.]