View Single Post
Old 05-29-15, 01:31 PM   #211
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default " A Rolls in the desert is above rubies' TE Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutschmark View Post
Just posted from Pascal the one that brought the Renault FT17 tank to CK,
he is now working on a British Rolls-Royce armoured car.

You can see more here;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/fo...=34797&start=0

Deutschmark
Forget Camels (four-legged single humped; not Sopwiths) Even TE Lawrence got in on this BIGTIME!!
Lawrence entering Damascus in a Rolls 'tender' which augmented his squadron of nine Mk.I Armored cars....Postwar and enlisted in the British Tank Corps under the name Thomas Edward Shaw and subsequently scored 93 percent on the Rolls-Royce armored car course, the “highest mark ever given.” When queried by the journalist Lowell Thomas after the war as to what he might most value, Lawrence replied, “Perhaps it is childish, but I should like my own Rolls-Royce car with enough tires and petrol to last me all my life.” The Consummate warrior IMHO and his warhorse of choice? Mr Shaw should have stuck to four wheelers. and avoided motorcycles... I had a gorgeous WWI R.R. poster for the Mk.I with T.E.s quote but cannot relocate it: by then the Mk.I had upgraded to solid wheels in the Middle East after the Hejaz Campaign.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote