View Single Post
Old 06-06-19, 01:17 AM   #239
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
I did not check if those ships had advanced beyond the concept stage. 87 are in the game? In what state? All fully flyable and functional? How many were in when the package was made available for sale? It was about a year ago if I recall.
When a ship becomes flight ready it has all the "base" systems one would expect it to have; detailed interiors, weapons, flight model, internal systems etc. Expection are ships with special roles which might not have the needed mechanics in game yet, such as the largest flyable ship currently, the Reclaimer, is a salvage ship, but salvage mechanics aren't in game atm.

I've no idea which ships were flyable a year ago. But it can't have been that much less than what we have now. Pure guess: 70-ish

Of course, you don't need the $27,000 pack to get these ships, you can buy them individually or upgrade your current ship. Also, as the article points out, the pack was requested by the community. I don't see anything wrong in giving someone with that amount of money to spent what they want.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote