View Single Post
Old 10-16-07, 09:00 AM   #222
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

I've worked through my final todo's and will be finetuning the release/updating the setup package soon. I will be running my test scripts tonight and if all is well (iow no major issues found), it will be ready for beta-release.

I am now looking for a select group of modders for the pre-beta release for some 7-14 days (depending on what they find), because so much has changed, and I would like it to be as stable as possible before the major public gets it.
This means I need some of you to have a real good look at this release, and give me feedback on it.

This does NOT mean telling me about new features, I need people to really test the tool, the UI, and the data it produces (in game) to verify if it works as it should. Testing means also redoing old work (for verification purposes, you know what the result should be already in such cases, so you can tell if S3D does it right). I'm not looking for modders to use this pre-beta to create new mods, ok?

Until the test period is over, I will take a break on further development and will support the testers while they are testing. After this, I will take some more time to fix whatever critical things are found.

If you are interested in doing this for the next few days please post here. Please state which OS and OS language you are using, and if it's 32/64 bit, so I can also make sure a variety of platforms is being tested.

Please note that I handpick from everyone that signs up for this, so if you don't get a pre-beta copy, accept it and wait for public beta. I want to keep the pre-beta group small, so if I get alot of response I've got no choice but to do it this way...

Once I've picked the testers I will post their names here and will ask everyone to send me an e-mail so I can send them a copy.

Thank you...

[edit] If you've offered to beta-test before I appreciate it but I won't be searching back up through this thread. So, do it again, now is the time!
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote