View Single Post
Old 04-15-06, 02:57 PM   #22
AG124
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconstruct
P.S.: i forgot, do you have any information regarding that coastal tanker? That's one area take takes a huge amount of time/effort, doing research for merchant ships to implement, and i really wanted to add some variety to the game, by adding tons (pun intended) of different ships/models
Unfortunately, I know very little about that design. But one thing I can tell you is that an identical design appeared in Silent Hunter I, which had more detailed ships than Aces of the Deep. This leads me to believe that this is actually a Japanese design (in case you don't know, Silent Hunter I is US vs. Japanese). Also, if you look at some of the Japanese tankers I posted in the SHIV part of this forum, you will see some resemblences in some of the designs. Some of them are identical to Western tankers, but there are two in particular which are of interest here. Their funnels are closer to amidships, and are not connected to part of a split superstructure, as most tanker funnels are. Also, the superstructures are more bulky and solid, without the features of the sparse winged bridges on western tankers. This isn't conclusive, but these Japanese features appear similar to the features of the smaller AOD tanker of which we are speaking.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.html
AG124 is offline   Reply With Quote