View Single Post
Old 04-15-06, 02:12 PM   #21
rconstruct
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi
Regarding the models, i have to confess that i find UV mapping boring, and it takes a lot of time/work, because texture map size is limited (bigger texture maps > more video ram consuption, and we don't want to end up with a game in which a player needs a 512MB or 1GB card to play it), and on top of that, i have to do all the other screens/graphics/3d stuff, so i end up doing models between major tasks. So, we started with proxy graphics for everything, and then, we replace graphics/3d models, by new high res graphics / low poly models, as we focus on the features. The only definitive destroyer atm, is the tribal class. But for the next release, we're going to add a flower class corvette, a liberty ship, a victory ship, and a z38 narvik destroyer. Hopefully we'll go on like this, adding 3, 4 models per release (amongst the other features), and as soon as we finish implementing everything major (sensors/detection/AI/career/guns code), then we have more spare time, and can focus more in releasing more models, in (more frequent) releases.
That's it, hope you enjoy it, work is being done for the next release already

P.S.: i forgot, do you have any information regarding that coastal tanker? That's one area take takes a huge amount of time/effort, doing research for merchant ships to implement, and i really wanted to add some variety to the game, by adding tons (pun intended) of different ships/models
rconstruct is offline   Reply With Quote