View Single Post
Old 12-14-08, 05:13 AM   #64
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Moving on to the next potential issue....

When I tried to install GIEP before, somehow I got Vargas photos showing up when I started the game. They appeared in place of stock game footage at the inception of the game, in place of the Naval personanel that are on the screeen after the introductory scene where the poem is recited, but before you enter the office for mission assignment. I do not know how to replicate that, but there is nothing like a scantily dressed woman to get you ready for battle! Maybe it was part of the stock program? (What did I do right?) If you have any ideas, let me know.

By the way, I downloaded all 25 CDP files and extracted them, so I have enough photos for years to come. It is an amazing collection of pics and art work, which I am sure took considerable time to assemble. It is most appreciated.

Also, I am going to take a run at the Radio Station Manager mod. That ought to scare the hell out of you. I had a problem last time because I did not know where to find the mod, but I located it tonight in Morbius' posting which lists many of the mods. I have installation instructions which I think may be written by you, abut new to the game and had no idea what to do. I have a slightly better understanding now, plus I have learned much in the two months I have been playing and visiting the forum. I will study everything related to the RSM mod tomorrow. Hopefully, I will not have as difficult a time installing RSM as I had with GIEP. I glanced at a screen shot of the Radio Station Manager mod tonight, and it did not scare me too badly. I will try install it tomorrow, along with one radio new station, as a birthday present to myself. I have downloaded the 34 NBC radio station files, and if I get that station up and running properly, then I will install one station per day until I fill up the radio.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote