View Single Post
Old 10-05-21, 11:20 AM   #8
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
Well, you helped to test it, so credit to yourself as well.

Would love to see some plots!

I'd start with the TDC and see if you can move it, the units are a bit arbitrary and you can move stuff so little it doesn't look like it has moved, or so far that it disappears outside of the model.

It just needs to go wherever the TDC model is in the dat file (shown in Propbeanie's screenshot above) - that's the important bit. All the TDC dials float over that existing model, so you just need to find it and position it. It's been a long time since I used S3D, but if you import it under the right node, it may even auto align to the right place (I think it's positioned relative to the parent?). The radar range unit would need to go to the left of the 'A' Scope, which is in the conning tower in all boats (I think). I don't think there is anything to the right of the 'A' Scope and the PPI scope, so they could be shifted over, but that's going to be a much bigger task that the TDC alone. The range unit looks simpler, but there's a lot of controllers and extra models in there (even in the places that don't look like anything has been added - like the CRT display of the 'A' scope screen).

The only other issue is you may need have is having a spare camera node to set as the TDC and a station to bind it to, not sure what I used in the mod and if you decide to do the range unit (later on!) you may need to widen the camera angle to get both the 'A' scope and range unit it.

Thanks for all the insight! Far as plots, I'll look to see if have some saved from my 14 patrols in the Drum (testing the TMO update, from start of war, well 1942 to end, tested Dec41-Mar 42 in diff career). If not, next time I am running one of the boats with the 3D TDC Radar mod, i'll make sure and save the plots from the patrol.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote