View Single Post
Old 11-08-20, 11:13 AM   #252
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

Default 2x mods

Screenshot1. A freighter is seen above through the binoculars(F7). The “NoTargetText” mod removes the target information from the gray dialog box at the lower left and from the map (not shown). The idea is that the player will manually find the targeting parameters (ID, range, speed, course, AOB, etc) by observation or from the map. Unfortunately, the dialog box remains- I can’t figure out how to get rid of it... Suggestions?
The binocular crosshair is centered on the target, and the compass at lower right (compass mod), clearly indicates the target’s bearing to be 60 degrees. Based on prior experience, the reticle’s horizontal and vertical lines indicate the range is <6000m. Other target parameters AOB, course, speed etc are estimated similarly. BTW: These screenshots are not as clear as images in the game.

Screenshot 2. Same view from the deck gun (F5). The target is barely visible from here. The clipboard has been removed using the “NoClipBoard” mod for a better view to the left. The “NoTargetText” mod leaves the black text at the lower left to show number shells remaining, targeting data, damages, etc.

Screenshot 3. From the deck gun (F5), you can operate the gun, and view through the binoculars at the same time by using the mouse wheel. Using the reticle adjust deflection and elevation using the keypad to guide the shell splashes onto the target (more realistic than the clipboard). You need to adjust for wave action, your own speed, and that of the target. Wind is not modeled. I usually start by aiming short and a little to the one side, You can engage targets at very long range using this method. (Note: You cannot use the binocular (F7) view and control the gun at the same time.)

Vox_NoTargetTex_v1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dJS...ew?usp=sharing

Vox_NoClipBoard_v1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rzf...ew?usp=sharing

Screenshots 4&5. A closer view of the freighter. This model is from the default game and It’s riding a “U-Boote Kurs West” mod sea. Although my mods are focused on game play, I really enjoy the work of all the modelers.
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote