View Single Post
Old 10-26-20, 08:27 PM   #247
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

Icon14

Thanks toolsey and foz it does help to know there still is interest in this classic sim out there. I made these modes for my game, but I thought others might like these too. So, I made them available. It helps to get feedback to know whether these mods work for other players and any thoughts they might have too.

The mod/tools I made so far are designed principally to help collect targeting data, and then plan the attack as a WWI u-boat commander and crew would do. There are similarities and differences between WWI vs. WWII tactics partly because of the technologies that were available which makes this sim different. We could discuss this sometime -if there is interest.

I use the U-Boote Kurs West Mod (recommended very good) and my mine together. CB is listed as a contributor to UKW, but I don’t know what happened after that.

Back to mods... I do use another mod that removes the clipboard at the deck 8.8cm deck station; it opens the view a bit, and seems more authentic. Long range targeting with this gun works very well with my binocular reticle mod so the clipboard is not needed. The other mod I’ve been using removes the auto-targeting txt that appears everywhere in the game. I found it really distracting and defeated the purpose of having to collect your own data. The text can be dropped through the game’s “translate.txt” file. Anyone can change it themselves but I’ll get something available for those who would prefer that. I’m away from my Desktop; give me a week or two to get these posted.
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote