View Single Post
Old 09-02-09, 10:57 PM   #126
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfgangLuth View Post
Danke, Lehmann and the GWX crew for all your hard work and time (time, and yet more time) spent on it all!!!! You fixed SHIII as the best subsim in its day by a monumental margin as to be a proper paid add-on. I especially enjoyed your GWX Gold manual. A great read!

I have one question, please. Is it true that you have NO connection with Ubisoft with the development of SHV?? You see when I heard SHV was in dev, I had naturally expected that Ubi would've surely brought you into the fold of their ranks and that all the work done on GWX4 up to now had migrated naturally into the official development cycle..?

I hope that you got some sort of recognition or indeed anything from Ubisoft? Everybody knows that you helped boost Ubisoft's sales of SHIV as well as SHIII. I'm pretty sure that due to GWX's fame that a great many of us here bought SHIV with the expectation that GWX4 was surely going to be done at some point in the future. Again, more money for Ubisoft.

So if Ubi hasn't bothered to give you any recognition at all, then I'm not surprised the GWX engines have shut down with no fuel left in the tanks!

Good hunting and all the best in the future!
We have GWX dev team member Pablo to thank for our awesome manual. It is a historical document all on its own!

It is true that we have not had any official recognition by, or official connection to Ubisoft... apart from having been addicted to their Silent Hunter productions. Unofficially, I do however consider their lead game designer Dan Dimitrescu to be a long distance friend after having met him in Houston at the Subsim meet last year. (As does Jimbuna and a number of others on our team.)

It would be cool to see a nod to the Grey Wolves mod team in the credits to SHV... but I don't see how that could really ever happen. It may be that collectively Ubisoft and/or the Silent Hunter devs view us as having been obstacles to their efforts. In that light, why would they ever consider adding a mention in the credits?

At any rate, concerning my actual profession, I am doing almost exactly what I want to do... and a few short years from now... hopefully I'll be doing it in the air... which is exactly what I am aiming for. (My actual job will hopefully change slightly that is.)

< Free advice to anyone listening: Never let your 'hobby' turn into 'work'... you'll end-up hating your hobby if you aren't careful. >

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote