View Single Post
Old 06-03-09, 09:15 PM   #21
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have to disagree. I can always down a Flanker. The MiG-29 is the problem however, especially if it gets into a dogfight.

Flanker is easily dealt with from range when starting with high energy. If a close happens, the Flanker is toast. The MiG-29 just can hang with you no matter what you do. If he manages to get on your tail with an Ace pilot in the cockpit, he will just hang with you until you trick him. And that is the problem, you practically have to make him do a mistake before you can regain your edge.

My scorecard - Flanker is scary since it usually carries a lot of things that can reach out and touch you (AMRAAMSKI's) and can hang with you in well a fight.

MiG-29 is super scary. It may not have the range of the flanker, but this thing is a bitch to fight. Best to down them with AMRAAM's so as not to get into a scuffle with them.

In my opinion, if I knew I had to close with one of these two birds and duke it out, and I had one AMRAAM left, I shoot the MiG-29 first with the Aim-120 and then choose to close with the Flanker!

Just my 2 cents.

-S