View Single Post
Old 06-13-20, 02:47 PM   #5
A-Ganger
Sparky

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Ok, well there is definitely some weird issues lol

When I launch the game all is good UNTIL I hit the options button. This immediately opens a popup stating voiced recognition couldn't be loaded because the languages don't match.

If anyone is familiar with the process, this is coming from the windows file ctfmon.exe, which is the program that allows the computer to be run using speech recognition.
If I end the process this happens then ctfmon won't restart on it's on until I restore my profile.

Every time I reinstall the original game, then install v 1.49, I immediately get this error.

Twice now I have had to restore my Windows 10 user account to reset everything.

When this error occurs, the speech recognition fails to launch with the same popup error about languages don't match. Yet they do match and I only have US language installed on Win10.

Update after running game again the past hour:
All seems ok now as long as I don't end the ctfmon.exe task.

When I was running the 1.48 version, I never had these issues. When you launched the game and went to options, the speech popup would happen, but I would be able to click ok and go back into the game and finish changing options and play.

For some reason now when this happens, clicking ok on the popup would close it, but when you went back to the game it will continually switch back to the popup and there was no way to continue in the game because it was caught in this loop lol.

But as long as the ctfmon is running it seems to work.

Last edited by A-Ganger; 06-13-20 at 04:45 PM.
A-Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote