View Single Post
Old 11-10-15, 01:31 PM   #3074
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
It looks like coastal defenses are a largely unfinished feature . It is possible that, unlike sea, air and submarine units, land units' detection circles are not shown on the map, but if you read the posts by TDW introducting the CD patches, he tested them and they should work. Try setting a test mission with an enemy plane and an enemy costal bunker equipped with long-range sensors, and place your sub well within bunker's detection range, but far from the plane, which should move away from your position. If you enable IRAI, both coastal defense patches, and the "radio" patch (just in case), the aircraft should turn on you as soon as the bunker detects you. If it doesn't, definitely something is wrong.
Rgr that...Even if it does work, I'm not so enthusiastic about it because I wand CD which can actually shoot with something , not only to listen...
I will test this anyway because I have always been wondering does this feature actually work and could it be put on a good use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Jeff Grooves, aka privateer, has modelled them nicely for SHIII/GWX. IIRC correctly, they are set precisely as sea units. Maybe we can ask him for permission to use them for SH5
That's to high...I need some kind of shallow concrete platform (like concrete pier of some sort), not 1 m higher than sea level, which will "connect" bunker with coastline. This could look OK although will require a bit more work in ME...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote