View Single Post
Old 02-26-14, 11:09 PM   #2905
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I've got the coastal defenses working as sub loops (or whatever you call those things) when they have a hydrophone attached to them

Mine (coastal defense) currently has the visual sensor and a hydrophone sensor. With my new upcoming patch for the coastal defenses they are able to detect submerged subs (or surfaced subs in bad weather - i.e. fog) if they (subs) are within the parameters specified in the hydrophone sensor By letting the hydrophone sensor dictate the detection parameters it gives great flexibility in setting up the coastal defenses as sub loops or whatever you call those things. I did give the signal strength a boost with my new code so that majority of the time submerged subs will be detected. Notice I said majority of the time - that means there is a chance, albeit a small one, that a submerged sub would be able to slip by one of these.

I had my coastal defense setup on a mountain overlooking a bay. It was about 1000m from the bay located on the right side of the bay. I had the hydrophone sensor setup for min range of 0m, max range of 4000m (covered the width of the bay it was guarding), min altitude -500, max altitude of 1000, and I defined the bearing range as -260 to -280. Min and max elevation were the default values.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote