View Single Post
Old 06-19-07, 05:00 AM   #1510
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemannen
I hope this is the right place to ask. I have just tried SH3 for the first time and would love to have your mod installed. But when I try to install this message pops up:

"an error occurred while trying to read the source file: the sourcefile is corrupted C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\terrainData.BDF "

I have a clean installation and the newest patch. The game works fine whitout the mod. I have tried to uninstall and install but that doesnt help. Need help

Thanx!
Welcome to Subsim.

I assume this error message is coming up when you run the GWX installer?

Forgive the copy & paste:

Quote:
Basic Install of GWX

1) Uninstall SH3 via Windows' "Add/Remove programs"
2) Open Windows Explorer and:
- *delete* the folder where you had installed SH3
- *delete* the \My Documents\SH3 folder
3) Reinstall SH3
4) If your SH3 did not come with patch v1.4b already included, install patch v1.4b. Ensure you install the patch that corresponds to your copy of SH3 (Download/DVD/EMEA/US)
5) OPTIONAL: Copy and paste this "clean" install as a backup to avoid the need to follow steps 1-3 if your game becomes corrupt in future
6) Visit the GWX homepage and download into the SAME folder GWX.exe and the five .bin files. While there grab the v1.03 patch
7) Run GWX.exe and follow the installation prompts
8. Run GWX103.exe and follow the installation prompts
9) SH3 COMMANDER USERS: Visit the GWX homepage and download the GWX 1.02+ Cfg files for SH3 Commander and unzip the contents DIRECTLY into your SH3 Commander\Cfg folder.
While you're at the GWX Homepage, grab the MD5 Compare program and the Hash Sets. Check the 5 bin files, the GWX.exe & the 1.03 Patch.exe. This is to make sure that your downloaded parts are complete and not corrupted, which can happen.

At this point, I'll put money on one of the .bin files being corrupt. Please post your results.