View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 12:11 PM   #5
skirich
Chief

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Sounds about what I thought folks would say.
Yep I agree with it all.

I may go back to that save, I save just before all convoys, and try again.

That convoy, before I could see it, appeared massive on the radar. a few ships in the middle surrounded by what looked like a dozen in a circle around it. Had to be a carrier or battleship armada.

I have been playing with long range radar based position keeper, using the 3D TDC mod. Its been really quite effective and so nice to use. Steep learning curve though, but once learned its pretty sweet. No wonder we had such a huge advantage in our subs.

Anyway, I trained the TDC on the largest center blip and watched the solution develop. Tweaking as things got closer for a more accurate solution

By the time I had visual confirmation of the armada, it was too late to change the solution.

I knew I had to make a spread barrage of all six torpedos at one target since it was going to be a long range shot. It was too dangerous to allow for a close in shot due to the accompanying surface destroyers.

So I made up my mind and went for tonnage instead of quickly loosing my mind trying to recalc the solution for the carrier which was on the far side of the armada.

Poor luck on my part for lining up on that side of the armada.
skirich is offline   Reply With Quote