View Single Post
Old 02-27-19, 12:33 AM   #3
harryhh
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Hello Herman,

I remember chatting with you in many posts back around 2009, I think.

I remember playing my new version of Harpoon, which must be this v3.7.0.0 that I'm playing now. I had some problems with the game, such as Harms wouldn't hit anything, and they were experimenting with having the ships and planes fire missiles automatically without the abillity for the player to control it. I really didn't like that since it didn't do anywhere near as good a job of it as I could.

I must have loaded some patches when I played it back then because now the v3.7.0.0 with no patches is working fairly well. Anyway, back then, there must have been a problem when I loaded the game on my computer, it played so, so, slow. Couldn't even turn it up to 5 seconds per second without it the game jittering severely. The game, with it's problems, didn't seem to be worth playing so, I didn't bother trying to fix the slow problem and just quit playing. Luckily, it's playing properly now.

At that time I had a notebook with tips and tricks to work around some of the bugs. Can't find it now. I don't remember if there even was a work around for the stuck stratotankers.

I don't see any way to attach a file here so, I'll take a look at that other site.

Thanks Herman.
harryhh is offline   Reply With Quote