View Single Post
Old 09-10-14, 03:17 AM   #15
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 0

One of my golden rules is never implement MODs while at sea. There are linkages between save files and your game setup (as established by the game files and your implemented MODs), and changing MODs while on patrol can break these linkages in the save files. That said, I am very surprised you were able to remove MODs and get your save to work unless you added those particular MODs after the save in question. I have had maybe two or three save files go bad on me over several years of play and many MOD changes (but only made while in port). I only save when I am on the bridge (surfaced) or in the control room (submerged) at 1x TC. and I will often play just a few minutes longer (without saving again) just to make sure things look okay. Saving submerged or near convoys has never been a problem for me using this method. This is NYGM and GWX.

As for the 3 particular MODs you mention "LifeBoats&Debris_v4", "Torpedo damage Final", and "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects", the latter two have never given me a problem.

As I remember, I did have problems with "LifeBoats&Debris_v4" and switched back to ""LifeBoats&Debris_v3B", which has given me NO problems.
Alfred Keitzer is offline   Reply With Quote