View Single Post
Old 03-24-09, 05:43 PM   #24
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
Just wondering, if jaketoox has changed his username to captain DUVAL?

Try compare the texture files in the misc folder with the very same from SH4 ROW mod provider, jaketoox, and his mod: ROW_New_Seafoam_from_Jaketoox
Released in this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130150
And still available here:
http://files.filefront.com/ROW+NEW+S.../fileinfo.html
They are exactly the same, only converted from dds to tga.
I see no where in the readme nor in this thread that the textures were made by jaketoox originally. In fact, quite the opposite.

Though the idea of using seafoam textures for the wakes is an original idea, the use of the textures is not. That tends to be plagiarism.

So much for recommended modding etiquette...
Given his past attitude here and on various other forums, (where he has since been banned) Carotio has absolutely no respect for any modding etiquette... and wishes only to re-ignite old matters that have since been laid to rest.

Don't take his bait. Carotio only serves his own interests. Stand your ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desga View Post
M.E.G. arises from research and assembly of the best mod created by the best modders like you and that you can find in subsim, I have always written all their names as your name!
But this mod-wake DD is a creation of Duval! I am sure, because 'he started to work the file foam.tga original SH4. He has worked with photoshop them for many days to create the mod.
Duval was one of fifteen appointed from ubi like the tester to test the SH4 before it being released on the market. I am sure that he absolutely did not use the file jaketoox So before you accuse someone of plagiarism try to think about it 2 times.

the mod is and will remain * D & D wake mod * otherwise I will remove the publication!
Thank you for your wake mod. Nice work to all!!!

Just a thought, but high-resolution textures will affect framerates. Just a suggestion, you may consider making a second version as "standard resolution" (reducing texture sizes by half). In doing so, more people can enjoy the mod.

Two versions... easy as pie!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote