Old 11-05-21, 11:37 PM   #12
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
as PB said, a mind is a terrible thing to grow old.
when i read this thread at first, i read battery but processed oxygen.
don't ask me why.

so, back to the topic of battery usage, yes, the .SIM file for the boat controls the battery charge but NOT the re-charge.
recharging is a function of engine use on the surface and is hard-coded.
battery life is function of range and speed. SH4 will take the values input into the .SIM and calculate the battery charge for your boat. the greater the range and speed, the more battery life you will have. also, if you enable Special Abilities, there are some specials that will extend the battery life even more.

have i experimented with this feature? yes, i have. have i come up with a magical set of values. no, i have not.
Recharging, was not the issue... but rather instead, the drainage of the batterie's when order was given to go at x speed setting on the telegraph KM.

On that note, what Propbeanie said in their last post, gave Me the clue to know where to look & to note something.

Seems the T class, shares bones with... the Salmon, or was that Sargo... & based on that, was able to get the speed settings for 1/3 ahead... 2/3 ahead & full standard, to more in line with where it should be...

Have it where when the order for 1/3 ahead, while submerged, the sub starts off at 2 knots.. which... was able to go well over past 8-9 hours running into by dark (used the nav test in the mod set to base the tests from... as a baseline ) & started at 08:02 hrs, & made it to 19-20:00 hrs, with a bit more than 50% battery in reserve by that point... which... would be close enough to hit or be near to a 48 hr run @ 2.5 knots submerged...

Before now, running submerged, @ 1/3 was netting only 8-9 hrs running... batteries being drained down to 0%.

With using the subname.cfg speed set from the sister sub(in this case... Salmon/Sargo), was able to get that run submerged, @ 2 knots to where it would be possible to go for a full 48 hrs run submerged before the batteries would be exhausted to 0%...

as they say, close enough for Govt. work.