Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Hi there M.M. ,

Since you told me about that in your last PM I took a look. In the .sim file there's a controller called unit_submarine which has fields for ranges. I understand that changing the range for submerged range will do it.

Currently the submerged range is entered as 96 miles (nautical miles I guess) at 2 knots. Wikipedia lists an underwater range of 48 hours at 2.5 knots for the T-class boats, which equals to 120 nautical miles at 2.5 knots.

Wiki also states that at the maximum underwater speed of 9 knots batteries would last just 1 hour. You could test those values and see if this max speed endurance is also close.

Hope this helps
I noted that same info about the 2.5 knots @ 48 hours run time... just was sitting here, trying to figure out the range limits those figures would translate down to... so yeah, that does help.

Now, the next thing to look at, is figuring out... just how to get into that particular file, to cross check the setting there.

Will see of running a test at 2.5 knots submerged & then for a full bore run at 9 knots... & see what the time value is, if it comes close or misses that info marks, on those speeds.

Thanks for the info.

M. M.