Thread: Voice attack
View Single Post
Old 09-22-22, 12:32 PM   #9
Gwenydd
verrückt kaleun

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 2

You got it sir! I am finishing up work on the voiceattack profile now. This is the most involved setup I've ever done with it so far. At the moment I have around 600 unique commands in it to accomplish a high level of precise control. What resolution do you normally play in? I ask because many of the controls are entirely reliant on clicking on the screen and my setup is on an ultra widescreen 3840 x 1080 monitor. So I'm going to need to tweak the mouse click locations to match the display resolution needed. So recommendations for resolutions to use for most people?...

I will also be including the voice response pack I built with the profile as you really need audible feedback and it adds a lot of immersion as well. I also added a few nifty little things like a stopwatch automatically starting each time you fire a new torpedo... separate stopwatches for each torpedo fired, up to max.

At the moment commands include the following:

-All engine commands on the telegraph including switching engines and charging batteries
-New course accurate to one degree
-New depth accurate to 10 meters, plus periscope depth, crash dive, surface the boat
-Angle on bow accurate to 5 degrees (difficult to click more accurately than that consistently)
-Target speed accurate to .1 knots
-Target range accurate to 25 meters (very difficult to set with one click due to scale and logarithmic progression)
-torpedo depth accurate to 1 meter since you cannot type in a decimal value
-torpedo firing with automatic stopwatches

PS - I would like to again request that all these data elements be made such that we can type in precise values rather than having to click on the screen. Fortunately we can already do that with a number of them. Thanks guys! =)

Gwen

Last edited by Gwenydd; 09-22-22 at 05:02 PM.
Gwenydd is offline   Reply With Quote