View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 09:49 AM   #3
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0

Thanks. Putting everything back after a fresh Windows reinstall and had forgotten about the .bat in the File Tools folder. LWAMI is running fine now.

Thing is now the mod will only install if I use the vanilla folder, not the copied folder. After installing LWAMI to the copied folder, there are no changes apparent when starting the sim - it runs as default DW. However, when installing LWAMI to the vanilla folder, and starting the sim from that location, it starts and runs as LWAMI.

This is puzzling. I habitually install games into a dedicated "untouched" default folder, then copy that folder and use it for mod installation, even when using JSGME. I don't remember experiencing successfully copying or installing mod files into a copied directory only to not see the results when starting the program.

No idea why this is happening with DW/LWAMI. UAC is turned off (using Win7 64 bit) and permissions are applied to the installation with all check marks checked for all users. Read only is unchecked and applied to all contents.

Anyway, thanks for the assist.

PS: BTW that fatal error message occurred when I changed the name of the root folder. This apparently confuses DW and doesn't know how to find itself.

Last edited by Treetop64; 07-09-19 at 11:11 AM.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote