Thread: [WIP] Lighthouses mod
View Single Post
Old 07-25-17, 12:43 PM   #359
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Our first lighthouse is not finished yet, but I am making plans for the next one.
It seems that with the Phare de la Vieille we will have a foghorn in game. To be precise, three blasts separated by a 1 minut interval:

http://enezsun.chez-alice.fr/Phares/Vielle.htm

BTW, I am trying to locate the diaphone on pictures available from the web, (so that I can model something similar and place it correctly within the lighthouse model) but I cannot find it. Maybe, in recent times, it has been replaced with some electrical device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
I let you compare between the SH3 map, and the real depth map :

Should we edit the SHIII terrain so to add the Pointe du Raz and Chausée de Sein in game?

From your screenshot of the ME map, I don't see them simulated in game. Both La Vieille and La Plate lay on the offshore extension of the Pointe du Raz with a sea depth ranging from ca. -10 to -14 m between the two lighthouses (measured in Gooogle Earth). In game, the depth of both locations is -17 which is reasonably close, but maybe we can do better, and recreate the submerged ridges as closely as possible with the limited resolution of SHIII's depth map
gap is offline   Reply With Quote