Old 07-24-17, 02:26 PM   #354
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Results of tests with patch 1 :

- the .tga file embedded in the bismark.dat must be resized at 512x512, original size makes the mission impossible to load.
Maybe there is a limit to the size an embedded texture can have. Anyway I think for final release it wil better resizing our textures and/or compressing them

Quote:
- still a problem of black pixels on the tower model
Okay, at least now we know that the critical element is not our texture per se

Quote:
Result of test with patch 2 :

nothing new, tower is still black (and yes, i have corrected added the new files, there was no data folder)
Sorry, my bad for the wrong file structure

Honestly I was expecting a different answer by you. After reading some other posts on the forum, I think that adding the new map channels to our meshes puts us in the right direction, but obviously there is something else we do wrong.

Unfortunately, as much as I looked into other modders' units and objects, I couldn't find in their files any working example of what I want to do with our lighthouses. From what I have read, I am pretty sure that Hans Witteman made an extensive use of the same concept for specular reflections of his U-BOOT_HAHD project but, pity for us, this brilliant mod was abandoned long ago and Hans is no longer an active member.

All in all, I still have some ideas on what might be causing our reflections not to work and I feel like we are just one step away from the solution. Nonetheless I also think it is about time to take a short rest from texture map issues and to focus on other and more important aspects. IMO, so far our small team has made an excellent job; let not our recent failures spoil our morale

That said, I hope to release tomorrow a new alpha version with some fixes/improvements and a few new features. I ìf we keep up this pace, I don't see us too far away from the beta fase
gap is offline   Reply With Quote