gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Hi Gap,

No. It doesn't solve our problem.

I think the only solution to apply a specular effect is the value to choose (specular strenght), even if it gives only a uniform effect.
The way specular reflections are set in our files is nothing experimental; if you look at stock ships, you will see that their materials have the SpecularMask controller and textures with an alpha channel. I don't get why those settings work for them, but not for our unit. Can the problem be in the texture we are using?

I ask you to do one last test to narrow down the problem: export the hull texture (NBB_BismarkNewest.tga) from NBB_Bismark, rename it LH_LaPlate.tga, and drop it in the tex folder of our mod, therefore replacing the original texture, but not before you embedded it (the original version of LH_LaPlate.tga) to a copy of NBB_Bismark.dat which you will have added to our mod. Add then the Bismark to our testing mission and run it.

If our texture/alpha channel is "wrong", at this point the Bismark will have an almost antirely black hull, and our lighthouse will have messed up texture but with correct looking specular reflections. Vice versa, if the problem resides elsewhere, the Bismark will have messy -but not black- textures, and our lighthouse will still look black.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote